Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Signs

I was taking one of my children for a bathroom break in a store/restaurant. As I sat my little one on the potty, I looked next to the sink, and I saw this:



(In one of the languages, it actually says to not pee or poo anywhere.)

Was this for real?

There was a toilet RIGHT THERE!

What was going on in there BEFORE they put that sign up?

Are there literate people out there who, if given the choice, would rather go on the floor than on the potty?

The only thing that lessened my anxiety was the fact that the bathroom smelled heavily of bleach and the floor was newly mopped...



6 comments:

*MARY* said...

Now they need a sign that says "Do NOT pee on the 'do not pee on the floor' sign"

It looks kind of questionable. What kind of restaurants do you take your kids to anyway?

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Could I please get a sign like that for all the little boys who come over to our house for dinner and to play. Nothing better tham cleaning up pee around the outside of the toilet. When we build a new house I just might invest in a urinal!!!

Token Asian Friend said...

with little boys, you'll probably need visual aids instead of a sign. Make sure you put those visual aids on the floor, or the ceiling, or on your head because they are probably not looking at the toilet.

Trisha said...

That's funny, cause last time I was there they hadn't put that sign up. It must be a new rule. Bummer.

StuTheWise said...

People who urinate on the floor are better known as barbarians.

My best friend growing had this sign in their bathroom:

"We aim to please. You aim too please."

Andrew said...

Sorry. That one's my fault. The drain in the floor was such an appealing target, though...