Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Next Halloween



So, I've made a few Halloween costumes in my day.  It was a lot easier before I had kids, but I still try to make them fun.  The first Halloween costume I made was for my husband.  He was one of the Three Amigos:
I beaded that puppy by hand.  That was (and still is) an AMAZING costume.  Next, I made a big Easter Bunny costume, just like this for my husband:

only it was bigger, bluer, and didn't have those extra bunnies on the feet. 

My Husband has also been this:
(Yes, I made that into a costume.  Don't ask why.)

And this:


And this:

But, the more kids we have, the more difficult it is to make ALL of the Halloween costumes.  So, I'm trying to figure out costumes for next year that will still be unique and fun, but not so difficult to make.  So, I came up with this...

I could make my kids outfits that look like little ping-pong balls.

My husband can wear a wig, grow out his chops, grab an 80's heavy metal rock band T-Shirt and be this:


And I have a lot of traditional Asian outfits to choose from.  I could wear one of those. 

Now, I know what you are thinking:


But I was actually thinking more along these lines:



After all, his outfit is much more modest, and my hair does that anyway!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the year that we made Star Trek costumes by using spray paint and black sweat shirts? Those were the days...

Token Asian Friend said...

And then we bought little star trek figurines and used their stands as communicator badges...

No, I don't remember...