Saturday, January 31, 2009

What were we THINKING?


My husband and I, on the same day, both bought shirts for our baby boy.  


I (Mom) bought him this little number:

My husband (Dad) came home with this:

So the question is, what was going through our minds when we bought these?

Was it...

Mom:  I am confident enough in my son's masculinity to allow him to wear this shirt.
Dad:  I am overly-confident in my son's masculinity.  To prove it, he WILL wear this shirt.

Or was it...

Mom:  He can wear it to church.  It has a tie!
Dad:  He can wear it to church.  It is a collared white shirt!

Perhaps it was...

Mom:  The T-shirt-on-long-sleeve-T-shirt look is all the rage these days.
Dad:  The floating-cat-head-over-random-pocket look is IN.

Or maybe it was...

Mom:  Ha!  A NERD SHIRT!  That is soooo Asian.
Dad:  Ha!  Cartoon cats with no mouths!  That is soooo Asian.

It could have been this...

Mom:  Cute!  A faux pocket!
Dad:  Awesome!  That cat is drowning!

Nope, it was definitely this...

Mom:  On clearance...at Walmart...it's his size...I must buy it.
Dad:  On clearance...at BigLots...it's his size...I must buy it.

............................................................

What is baby thinking?

"My only defense is to get fatter."

7 comments:

Pam C. said...

Clearance rules!! (And no one can carry off the fat look like a baby boy--too bad I'm not a baby boy...)

Kemi said...

I love your blog.
I really, really do.

"It has a tie! He can wear it to church!"

:D

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, your blog kills me. I really wish I knew you because I don't have any token Asian friends right now. There's a spot open. If you're interested, of course.

c said...

what all your readers are thinking:

"dude. that kid is going to need sooo much therapy."

:)

Token Asian Friend said...

c--

save now to spend later ;)

myimaginaryblog said...

I am so glad I happened to stop by today, because it felt soooo good to laugh until I nearly cried. I think I'm going to have to link to this, in fact. (Is that okay?)

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

Zina commented on my post today and refered me to this old post of yours. So funny. And I get it.