Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Straight from a western novel?


"Easy.  Easy, boy.  You're okay.  You are okay," she said unconvincingly as she stretched her arm toward the immobilized creature.  "You'll be alright.  I've got you."  

His wild eyes flashed with fear.  His muscles flinched with her every move as she inched closer and closer to him.   He lay there, helpless, unable to move.  As he struggled to remove himself from her ever looming presence, he used his only defense, and belted one last call to his mother.



..................




"Hey!  Leave the baby alone!!!"

3 comments:

Token Asian Friend said...

This scene played out between two of my children while I was cooking dinner. I think my daughter watches too much "Flicka."

Kristina P. said...

Never a dull moment at your place.

Karen said...

Tell your daughter that pay back is a ______!

She better watch out, once those cheeks turn to muscle, he'll show her.